Columbus Centre/Villa Charities & Dante Alighieri Academy Redevelopment Community Advisory Panel
Villa Charities is forming a Redevelopment Community Advisory Panel (CAP) to gather stakeholder input into programs and services to be offered at the new Columbus Centre, a shared-use facility with the Toronto Catholic District School Board.
The Redevelopment CAP will assist in the planning and provide recommendations, to best meet the needs of all potential users while preserving and celebrating Italian heritage and culture. We seek a broad cross-section of volunteer community representatives including current users and potential future users spanning different age groups, genders and ethnicities.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Redevelopment CAP. For Villa Charities to ensure that the committee membership is a balanced reflection of the communities we serve, we need to learn about those who are seeking to join the panel. Please tell us about yourself by completing the application form below.
This information will be held in strict confidence and will not be circulated for use other than informing the Redevelopment CAP. We will not share this information with third party vendors.
This is a volunteer advisory group; participation is not compensated.
- Applicants cannot be employees of Villa Charities or any of its Affiliates.
- Applicants should be able to serve for the full term of the appointment (one year).
Please fill out the online application form below.
You can also download the application form here. The form can be filled out digitally and emailed to us by clicking “Submit Form” at the bottom. The form can also be printed, completed and mailed to us using the information below.
Villa Charities – Columbus Centre
901 Lawrence Ave. West
Toronto, ON M6A 1C3
Attn: Redevelopment CAP Applications
Scan and Email
Redevelopment CAP – Code of Ethics
Recognizing responsibilities to the community and believing that honesty, integrity, loyalty, justice and courtesy form the basis of ethical conduct, an appointed member:
• Puts community interest above individual, group or special interest, and considers the position as an opportunity to serve the community
• Never offers, gives or accepts any gifts, favours or service that might tend to influence the discharge of duties
• Never uses the position to secure advantage or favour for self, family or friends
• Never discloses confidential information gained by reason of position nor uses such information for personal gain
• Never makes recommendations while a member of the CAP on any matter that involves a business in which there is a direct or indirect personal financial interest
• Never purposefully provides false information
Violations of the above Code of Conduct will be considered grounds for dismissal from the panel.