Health and Safety Measures
At the Columbus Centre Athletic Club, we are working hard to prepare our facility for your safe return. Our entire team is devoted to ensuring we meet our commitment to the health and safety of our members and staff going forward.
The following information highlights the protocols that will be implemented once we reopen to ensure that we either meet or exceed the recommendations as determined by the public health authorities and in accordance with Health Ontario’s response to COVID-19 and their direction.
Please note that the protocols and amenities outlined below are subject to change.
• All members will need to pre-book their workouts through our Antaris Online Booking Member Portal. If you do not have a valid email address registered with the Columbus Centre Athletic Club, you will be able to book your time slot by calling the Membership Office.
• You will be asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. You will be asked to line up at the West entrance of the Columbus Centre, 2 metres apart from other members and will be let into the Athletic Club when your workout timeslot is scheduled to begin. Walk-ins will not be permitted.
• All members are expected to complete a 20-second self-screen and sanitize their hands before entering the building. They will then need to check-in at the Membership Desk located the West entrance of the Columbus Centre.
• The use of masks and face coverings is mandatory, as required under City of Toronto bylaw no, 541-2020. Mask or face covering may be temporarily removed while actively engaging in an athletic or fitness activity.
• The Columbus Centre has implemented several measures including directional arrows, signage and placement, to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
• We have removed several pieces of equipment to allow for additional physical distancing space. Remaining equipment has been spaced out in an 8ft by 8ft area.
• Members will have access to the General Workout Area including elevated track, Group Fitness Studio, Spinning, Personal Training Sessions and Aquatic Programs, with strict guidelines in place, and subject to change.
• We will require members to wipe down their equipment BEFORE and AFTER each use. A one-touch “Red/Green” system will be set in place to identify weights and other equipment that require cleaning prior to another member being able to use them.
• We will introduce a one-step hospital grade disinfectant and contact sanitizer that will be used for frequent touch-point cleaning throughout our facilities.
• Additional hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the facility and we will have bottles available for your own personal use if you choose during your workout.
• Our staff will be trained in cleaning protocols and adopt a “continuous cleaning” mentality, ensuring high-touch surfaces are given high attention.
• Each piece of equipment will have a photograph of all high-touch areas that should be cleaned before and after each use.
• Group Fitness Classes have been restructured to promote physical distancing and provide necessary time between classes for members to enter and exit the club safely along with providing time to properly clean between classes.
• Foam rollers, bands and mats and other handheld gym equipment will be secured by the Columbus Centre Athletic Club and therefore not available for use. Members may bring their own each time they visit and will be instructed not to share with other members.
• Garbage containers will be available for disposal of paper towels. Lids will be removed as an additional safety measure. We ask that garbage dispensers are used only for disposal of paper towels and for members to bring home their empty water bottles or other disposable items.
• Fans, including floor fans, mounted fans and ceiling fans will remain OFF to prevent any unnecessary movement of air and spreading of particles in the air.
• We have developed a “safe flow of traffic” plan by designating a separate entry and exit through the facility.
• Protective barriers have been installed in locations where staff and members congregate. This includes the front desk, presentation tables, and exit and entrance points where possible.
• Locker availability, towel services and showers will be suspended for the protection of staff and members.
For full details on class schedules, updates to protocols and programs to be implemented when Columbus Centre Athletic Club reopens, please contact 416-789-7011 ext. 231 or email email@example.com.