Villa Colombo Vaughan (VCV) is CARF Accredited
Villa Colombo Seniors Centre (Vaughan) Inc. Di Poce Centre (Villa Colombo Vaughan or VCV) has been successfully awarded the highest level of accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) since 2009. CARF is an independent, non-profit organization focused on advancing the quality of services we use to meet the best possible outcomes.
Accreditation is an ongoing process and demonstrates our commitment to performance improvement, responsiveness to feedback, and accountability to the community and other stakeholders. Accredited programs reflect practices that are based on international standards of quality and accountability. Using the standards as a foundation for business and service delivery practices, we ensure conformance to internationally accepted standards of practice. This process also ensures we practice continuous quality improvement through evidence-based performance.
During the last CARF survey in 2015, Villa Colombo Vaughan received numerous positive comments highlighting areas of strength within Board of Directors, the leadership team and all staff members. A few areas that CARF specifically highlighted include:
- the positive leadership at a corporate and management level
- the recognition of the staff through various awards, and how the organization celebrates its staff members and their dedication to the persons served
- the commitment to quality, further enhanced through the provision of full-time nurse practitioner services and a supportive medical director and medical staff
- the well-designed environment with spacious areas to facilitate resident engagement, social gatherings, and enjoyment of common spaces, both indoor and outdoor
- the community engagement which is evident through the high number of volunteers and their level of engagement within the program
- the Butterfly program, specific to end of life, supports dignity and respect for the residents at the time of their passing and healing for the staff, families, and residents
Ultimately, our greatest value is assuring our services are focused on the unique needs of our residents and their families. By inviting CARF surveyors to review our home and services, we demonstrate our commitment to offer programs and services that are measureable, accountable, and of the highest quality.