We are happy to announce that with the Provincial government’s recent announcement to open certain outdoor sports activities, the Columbus Centre Athletic Club has now opened the 3 outdoor Tennis Courts for member use, beginning May 19, 2020.
Hours of operation will be as follows: Monday to Sunday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Any interested members must email firstname.lastname@example.org to be provided with the necessary login information.
Booking a court will be performed using www.tennisbookings.com. Once booked, a 4-letter combination code will be provided so you may access the gate secured courts. Codes are provided Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm. If you are booking on a weekend your request will be processed on the next working day.
A nominal $10/month fee will be billed to your member account, starting June 1, 2020. There will be no charges for the balance of May 2020. Your standard membership dues WILL NOT be billed during continued closure of the main facility.
Please note, as the main Columbus Centre facility remain closed to the public, no changeroom or washroom facilities will be made available for use.
To ensure your safety, certain restrictions will apply.
Strict adherence of the following is required by all participating members:
- Prior to visiting the tennis courts, every player must perform the Ontario Ministry of Health self-assessment for COVID-19, and if they do not pass the assessment, they should not visit the tennis facilities.
- All participants must register and book courts using www.tennisbookings.com
- Participant must Maintain a safe distance from each other at all times
- Singles ONLY (unless from the same household)
- Servers use only their own tennis balls (mark your tennis balls to allow identification).
- Players are to remain on the same side of the court and avoid changing sides
- No direct contact (use gloves etc.) with the entrance gate.
- As per standard member agreement, only authorized tennis club members are allowed on the court at any time.
- Start and times are to be adhered to insuring safety of all players.
While PPE such as masks and gloves are not mandated by provincial authorities, we do recommend their use and ask participants to bring their own. Guidelines will be sent to participants upon registration.
Click here to read the Tennis Canada COVID-19 Tips and Recommendations for Players for a Progressive Return to Playing Tennis.