At the Columbus Centre Athletic Club, we are working hard to prepare our facility for your safe return. Our entire team is devoted to ensuring we meet our commitment to the health and safety of our members and staff going forward.
Personal Training will be available in the Athletic Club, as well as through a new Remote Personal Training option. To reduce the potential for contact around the facility we have implemented the following measures that must be adhered to at all times:
• Personal Trainers will always be required to wear gloves and a mask when training with clients.
• No physical contact will be permitted in Personal Training sessions. Contact must not occur unless needed to prevent injury.
• Clients are expected and must be prepared to handle their own weights and equipment.
• Workouts must be modified so as not to require spotting.
• Assisted stretching will not be allowed. Assisted alternative equipment such as bands must be in place to replace assisted stretching.
• Personal Training can only take place on the general workout floor. Hallways, Stairs, Group Fitness Studios and other areas are not permitted to be used.
• All equipment and accessories used must be cleaned before and after use.
• All Personal Training consultations will take place at locations equipped with protective barriers.
Remote Personal Training
• Columbus Centre Athletic Club is pleased to now offer an exciting new option for our Personal Training clients to allow them to continue with their sessions from the comfort of their home. Remote Personal Training will provide an easy way for clients to stay on track with their fitness goals without having to book time in the facility. This is a great option for clients who are not quite ready to come back into the facility but will allow them to work and stay connected with their trainer.
• There are no additional charges or changes to your current Personal Training package. Sessions can be used for both in-club or Remote Personal Training as needed.
• If you are an existing member but not a Personal Training client and are interested in Remote Personal Training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and sign up.
Personal training is one-on-one instruction that incorporates exercise screening, goal-setting and health education. At Columbus Centre Athletic Club, our personal training program is designed to help you reach higher levels of fitness. Think of a trainer as your personal fitness coach.
Columbus Centre Athletic Club offers first-class fitness facilities for all your fitness needs. Our personal training coaches are highly experienced and certified. We can work with individuals of all abilities.
We can also help support your existing rehabilitation regimen.
Be your best self and make an appointment at the Columbus Centre Athletic Club to discuss the benefits of our personal training program.
We take it personally so let us help you achieve your fitness goals!
Our One to One sessions are designed to:
- Improve your overall fitness
The personal trainer will monitor your progress and fine-tune your program as you go, helping you work your way off plateaus.
- Reach or maintain a healthy weight
Body fat reduction, weight reduction or management, body shaping and toning can all be achieved with the aid of a qualified trainer.
- Learn to stick to it
Trainers can help motivate you with clear goals and safe strategies.
- Find the right way to work out
Learn the correct way to use equipment and appropriate form and technique for cardiovascular work and free-weight/machine training.
- Stop wasting time
Get maximum results in minimum time with a program designed specifically for you.
- Enhance your mind, body and spirit
Try outdoor pursuits such as hiking, kayaking, rock climbing and discover new insights about yourself or find the potential you didn’t realize you had.
- Take charge of your program and do it your way
Find the exercise program that works best for you. How many times per week or month do you want to meet your trainer and for how long? You can get fit and healthy your way and take ultimate responsibility for your own health.
- Focus on your unique health concerns
50% of clients have special needs such as arthritis, diabetes or obesity. A trainer can help you with these or other issues including low-back pain, rehabilitation from injury or pre/postnatal training.
As part of your Personal Training and to provide the best possible experience, each member must complete a Goal-Setting Interview. It’s all about you!
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the best time of day to work out?
- What is the best form of activity for fat loss?
- Should I stretch before or after my workout, or should I stretch at all?
- What are the best set/rep volume schemes for a specific goal?
- Should I use machines or free weights? What’s better?
What You Will Gain:
- Answers to myths and misconceptions about fitness and training.
- A “baseline” of your current condition, to compare to your ongoing progress.
- Honest, specific and personalized information on your current health and fitness status and how to best go about changing it for the better.
- The help of a true fitness pro in determining the plan of action to help you achieve your goals.
- Motivation by the latest research and information on effective exercise strategies.
- An opportunity to begin your fitness and health journey from a position of knowledge.